“No exercise, no dieting, just the use of this miraculous ab belt and you’re on your way to looking like a show-stopper”- This is what you hear in most advertisements and get carried away by those oh-so-gorgeous looking people who claim to have gained leanness doing nothing but popping in a slim-pill or using an ab-belt or some other gadget. And then you just can’t stop that fierce urge to buy and use it right away. 10.. 20.. 30.. 40.. days up, and you just don’t seem to have shed a kilo and then it hits you, that you’ve been allured into such deceitful manoeuvring.
Majorly disappointing, innit? Well, here’s a guaranteed shaft of light, whichwill, with zero fraudulence help you get that lean structure that you’ve always hankered after. Now, you might be thinking “same old trickery!” But, let me tell you, “THE TRUTH ABOUT ABS”- BY MIKE GEARY is something that you really DON’T want to overlook. Mike Geary, a Certified Nutrition Specialist and a Certified Personal Trainer specialized in body fat reduction, power training and functional strength, lays out a strikingly honest way that will escalate your health, appearance and confidence to really satisfactory level.
The book contains programs for both men and women. Geary not only shows you the right food to eat, but also tells you what to avoid, without completely curbing your cravings for fatty food. How heavenly does the fact sound… that you could actually look ravishingly lean without ditching delicious food!
There is a complete work-out program, with pictorial presentations that you need to follow. Trust me; you need to lose the sluggishness and start sweating it out, not only to burn those calories, but also for a long-lasting healthy and flexible body. Geary proposed the exercises in an extremely convenient manner, you don’t even need to hit the gym (it’d be better if you do, but if you don’t want to bear the extra expenses, it’s completely fine). All you need is a stability ball and a set of adjustable power-block dumbbells and you’re good to go.
What makes it much more interesting is that you will be provided with a set of instructions that will show you how to calculate your daily caloric needs (for men and women), this calculation can also be done automatically with the metabolic rate calculator that you receive when you subscribe to the author’s Ezine. So the next steps are categorized depending upon the requirements of your body. You need to choose and proceed.
Geary is impressingly candid in his approach and mentions outright that you’re going nowhere if you merely follow the exercise regimen and yet keep gobbling up junk. There is a list of food that you should avoid and food that you should grab. Also, the mechanism of digestion of food, their storage locations and excretion rate are explained in a very comprehensible manner so that you recognize what is and what isn’t good for you.
Afraid of falling prey to fads? Cannot control that insane urge to try out those miraculous claims to make you lose weight without any of this hard-work? Well, Geary’s got a solution to that too. The blinding fads that channel your mind-sets wide off the mark are exposed explicitly. So you can bid adieu to false beliefs and say hello to a fact-backed healthy routine.
1. Putting it all together in an effective training routine. All the exercises, their working and reasoning are explained in detail in a very unambiguous way, along with step-by-step pictures. So you won’t lose time trying to figure out what position you have to get into, depending on the words in the description.
2. Fact or Fad, categorized and justified. You will get a clear picture on what to and what not to follow, and each statement is braced with facts.
3. No sad goodbyes to delicious food. Well, what comes as a bonus is that you don’t have to leave behind all those mouth-watering delicacies that you relish. But hang on! That doesn’t mean that you keep cramming in junk. The book shows you how to eat delicious food right.
4. No gym and not much exercising equipment required. You don’t necessarily have to hit the gym to achieve results, nor do you have to fish out a huge sum to buy equipment other than a stability ball and a pair of dumbbells. So that’s economical enough.
5. Good skin, improved body functioning and increased energy. Eating and exercising right are like a nail and hammer. You need to do it in combination in order that you get results. This not only makes you look lean and toned, but also contributes to amazing skin, proper organ functioning and you feel all the more energetic.
6. Healthy meal recipes included. There are a whole lot of recipes for every meal mentioned in a neat, coherent form. So you save all the browsing time.
THE TRUTH ABOUT ABS REVIEW- THE CONs:
1. The product isn’t a quick fix. You will have to put in a lot of hard-work and have self-control. There’s no magical formulation that will turn you into prince/princess charming overnight. It’s a time-consuming program, but when you see results, you’ll know that it is so much worth it.
2. Complicated work-outs. Only sit-ups and crunches are not encouraged by the book. The workouts included are quite complex and different from regular exercises. So, you’ll have to put in a lot of effort initially to get used to the new positions and movements, but eventually you’ll get used to it.
3. Not for people who lack concentration in reading. For those of you who aren’t good readers, you might just get bored or start reading it without concentrating on the content. Anyway, the pictures in the book will keep you going, as they convey a lot more than the words do, so that’s a rescue option once the indolence to read creeps in.
4. Not applicable for pregnant women and patients with bad medical conditions. Some of the exercises aren’t a clever thing for pregnant women to do; however, as the book educates you with the metabolism and body requirements of different food, you can always follow a healthy diet. For those with ill health, I suggest you consult your doctor before proceeding.
So, I hope this will help you make a clever decision whether THE TRUTH ABOUT ABS will suit your requirements or not. Just remember that the book will really help you get a lot of long-term benefits too.